A daughter is the most beautiful thing that can happen to you in life. It is SHE, and yes, it is in capital letters. She came into your life to change it completely, so that you realize how important women are in society and also how fragile they can be if they are not empowered enough. If you have a daughter, you want her to grow up being strong and knowing that she is the one who must fight and choose her future.
You are in charge of caring for her, protecting her and at the same time giving her the freedom she needs to grow strong. There are some things you should teach your daughter before she is 10 years old. They are essential aspects that you must keep in your heart in order to grow up with a good emotional balance. Don’t miss out on the 10 most important things you shouldn’t forget to teach your daughter.
Things to teach your daughter
It’s okay to get angry from time to time… what matters is that you control your behavior.
- Real love is not a fairy tale. Real love is equal parts struggle, suffering and satisfaction.
- Real love sometimes is not how it is shown in fairy tales. Sorry, I know you love the little mermaid and sleeping beauty but in real life love is work and struggle.
- Your smile illuminates the world of whoever looks at you, so don’t forget to smile every day… because what matters is that your world is also illuminated.
- Ask for forgiveness when you must and always forgive. Remember that you don’t forgive to do someone else a favor, you forgive to free your heart from useless suffering.
- No one has to rescue you, you are the one who must rescue yourself. There are no blue princes, and you don’t need them either!
- Say ‘NO’ whenever you should and NEVER feel guilty about doing it. You can say ‘no’ to anyone, whoever they are …
- Only by being yourself the world will be at your feet and you will discover wonderful people and places. Do not try to be who you are not … because you are wonderful, with your defects and your virtues.
- Never love another person when you feel lonely, only do it when you really want to.
- It is better to be alone than in bad company.
- You will meet people, both men and women, who will judge and criticize you. Don’t listen to them, smile at them and go your way.
- You will never be liked by everyone and you will never be liked by everyone. And this is good to happen. Just stay away from those you don’t like.
- Life is made to be lived.
- Whatever you are living, I have lived it before, so never hesitate to ask me for advice to guide you on your way.
- Living quietly, will help you live happily.
- Remember the most important thing: I will ALWAYS love you and I will ALWAYS support you and be by your side.
These 15 things are essential for you to teach your daughter, of course, you can add more important things that you consider are essential for you or her. In any case, what you should never question is your unconditional love for her. If she learns all of this before age 10, she will grow up to be a happy girl in good emotional health.